One of our clients is launching a 3-D scanner to the consumer market and desires a custom, branded, 3-D scan target that can be included in the box with the scanner for use in their first scan.
We are looking for a 3-D model (.obj format) that can be used to prototype the scan target, and then be used in an injection molding process to create the target for including in the final packaging.
The following attributes are required/desired for the model:
1. Dimensions - object must be less than 100 mm in diameter and less than 100 mm tall and detail should not be finer than 0.1 mm (i.e. ridges, etc.)
2. Object must be able to be placed on a turn-table in at least 3 stable orientations for scanning. It is preferable to have some visual complexity, i.e. semi-hidden areas that are not fully evident from all orientations.
3. Colors should be in the mid-tones; dark colors should be avoided or minimized.
4. The product name (SOL) and/or the Company Name and Logo (Scan Dimension) should be present on the model in a 3-D representation. The product logo may provide some inspiration for the final object, or can be included in the model.
5. We desire the model to have some utility to the customer, such as a cable holder, small ruler, etc. such that they have a use for it other than decoration. However, we also want it to be visually appealing.
Images of the Product, sample scans, company logo, branding color palette and fonts are included as a zip file and attached to this project.