Describe what you want designed
This is our most ambitious project yet. We are at the initial phase of designing a new model that will replace our current flagship soundbar system, a system that is already considered by most to be the best in the industry. The new system will acoustically outperform any competition by miles. It will be the most powerful soundbar system in the market with features that have never been attempted. Therefore, its form factor needs to be simple, unique, fresh, yet elegant. (i.e. Bowers and Wilkins new formation soundbar and subwoofer is a good example. It is modern, streamlined, geometrically consistent as well as structurally practical. https://www.bowerswilkins.com/formation/bar).
What speaker components does our new soundbar system consist of?
1. Main SOUNDBAR unit
- The soundbar unit consists of six horizontally lined up 2.5” diameter internal speaker drivers that produces sound and two side firing 1” tweeters (one on each side). See speaker array layout below. It is to be placed in front of the TV, which means that it is the next most visible component in the living room, after the television.
- Similar to the Formation Soundbar by Bowers & Wilkins, we want people to instantly recognize our soundbar against all other competitors’ models. Therefore, it not only needs to stand out but also, look iconic when displayed in any retail store. It should be a piece of elegant audio furniture when not in use.
- Refer to the Soundbars, Subwoofer & Surround Speakers.pdf attachment for reference image
2. The SUBWOOFER has two built in 10 inch speaker drivers (2 drivers are on opposite ends, creating a push and pull process that accentuates the sounds produced. - Refer to the Soundbars, Subwoofer & Surround Speakers.pdf attachment for reference images)
- Found only in high-end audiophile brands, the insides of our subwoofer will have 2 subwoofer speaker drivers. This sort of subwoofer with dual vertical speaker drivers will deliver twice the power, translating to a much more impactful, chest-thumping, and thrilling surround entertainment experience.
- The overall ID of the subwoofer should match the aesthetics of the soundbar while highlighting the dual speaker drivers that are inside them due to its rarity in the audio industry.
- Since bass and subwoofers are associated with power and impact, the overall look of the subwoofer needs to be masculine/aggressive and modern/elegant.
3. There will be Two separate SURROUND SPEAKERS placed individually behind the listener. Each of them will be cylindrical in shape with space on top to fit in an upward firing speaker driver aiming at the ceiling
- 90% of the surround speakers that come with soundbar systems are rectangular in shape. We want to be different here by designing our surround speakers to be cylindrical in shape. They need to look iconic and instantly recognizable from afar.
- Aesthetically, they need to be consistent with the design of the soundbar and subwoofers - modern yet elegant.
- Refer to the Soundbars, Subwoofer & Surround Speakers.pdf attachment for reference images
- Soundbar dimensions: 46-48 inches wide, height cannot be taller than 3.5 inches and depth between 3.5-4.5 inches
- Subwoofer dimensions: 12-14 inches wide, 20.5-22.5 inches height and 13.5-15.5 inches depth
- Surround speakers dimensions: 5.5-7.5 inches wide, 8-10 inches height and 5.5-7.5 inches depth