Letters from Katie Luther: A Novel is a fictionalized biography. Katie's best friend shares Katie's letters and recounts her memories of Katie from the time they escaped a convent as young adults to Katie's death at the age of 53.
Público al que se apunta
Middle grade girls (ages 8-12), though some boys might also take interest in it too. Most children who read this book will be Christians familiar with the Protestant Reformation and the father of the Protestant Reformation, Martin Luther (the husband of the main character). Most children who read this book live in the United States.
Tipo de portada de libro
Tapa blanda o Paperback
Atributos de estilo
Necesidades de diseño
- Please design the front cover, back cover, and spine
- The book will be 5 ½ inches wide by 8 ½ inches tall
- Please have clothing and any architecture, décor, etc. typical of the time and place of the book: Western Germany from 1523 to 1552 (Katie is 53 when she dies in December 1552.)
- See some of the attached photos to get an idea of clothing
- Please have the focus of the cover be Katie, not Ave. Ave does not necessarily need to be represented.
Possible cover ideas:
- Represent the fact that Katie is writing letters to Ave
- Represent one or more of Katie’s children with her (she had a very strong bond with all of them). To give you an idea of how old Katie and the child/children would need to be, please use the following information about Katie’s children:
Hans was born in 1526 when Katie was 27
Magdalena was born in 1529 when Katie was 30. NOTE: Magdalena died in 1542.
Martin was born in 1531 when Katie was 32.
Paul was born in 1533 when Katie was 34.
Magdalena was born in 1534 when Katie was 35.
(Katie did have one other daughter in December 1527, but the daughter died 8 months later.)
- A classic font would probably be best for the title text, but a slightly modern font would not necessarily need to be ruled out.
Lo que debe evitarse
- Please do not use a cartoonish style.
- Please make the artwork more than just a reproduction of one of the portraits of Katie
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte