1. I'd like a very powerful, dangerous and mysterious-looking dwarf striding towards the reader (see attached pics 1 & 2) cloaked, with armor showing beneath. Holding a one-handed warhammer. Short handle, huge head.
He is broad and very strong and very powerful - looking straight at the reader (just like pics 1 & 2 attached) his beard is dark brown, flecked with gray.
Please make his armor like: attached image 1 (But he has a cloak over it, see below)
His stance and position like: attached image 2
Happy to pay for images if you find something just right!
2. In the book, the dwarf often wears a hooded robe, which conceals much of his face. Beneath the robe he has a magnificent armor (chainmail, attached image 1 etc.) and warlord attire. And he carries a very fine and dangerous one-handed warhammer. I would like the image to show this mysterious cloak-wearing dwarf warrior, with face half concealed. But the robe is open and shows the magnificent armor underneath, and he carries his warhammer in his right hand, ready for battle. (see attached pics 3,4 & 5). So there is a sense of mystery created, like the example novel covers (see images).
3. The Blade of Kings is a magnificent great sword. Not jeweled. Just simple and strong. Like Ned Stark's blade in game of thrones (see attached image 9) perhaps this could be huge in the sky behind the dwarf, pointing downwards. Or at least the hilt, huge in the sky. Whatever you think looks cooler.
4. For the background, a sweeping, heart-lifting fantasy mountain landscape. With forests on the mountains. With a storm in the sky (some lightning would be cool).
5. Also, small in the sky in the background, flying near the storm - a giant hawk (a Roc) ridden by a tiny a few tiny figures. This is a nice final touch, perhaps not necessary.
6. For the layout and fonts for the cover, I like all the example covers I've attached. And I'm open to other ideas.
Hope those ideas are clear! Please ask if you have any questions.