Please refer to the attachments for references to the characters, the associated animals and board designs, and the style of art for the characters!
SERIES NAME: GLOBE AGENTS BOOK TITLE: Race 2 Rio AUTHOR NAME: RODDIE SIMMONS
• BOOK CREATION: Their will be a physical book and an e-book.
• SERIES SYNOPSIS: Lucas (10-11yrs old.) @ Julie (8-9yrs old.) are a Brazilian-American brother and sister who in this first book become Globe Agents. Globe Agents magically transport to locations around the world to help kids their age out of sticky situations. Once there the magic is on hold and they must use their wits to help the kids. In Race 2 Rio they are tracking a young Brazilian boy to provide him with new running sneakers for a big race in Rio. The twist is that the goodguy / goodgirl cannot know they are Globe Agents and are there to help them. Lucas and Julie can meet them but not reveal their true purpose for being there. Lucas is confident and Julie is mischievous and both are very resourceful.
• VIP: Hi, I have attached the illustrations of the two main characters in this book. I would like them to be as similar as possible on the book cover.
BOOK COVER: Front – On the cover this early scene is at the Brazilian Sand dunes. Lucas is attempting to sand board (see attached images of young kid’s sand boarding) down the dunes with some difficulty to follow the goodguy he is tracking. He is confident, but new at this and Julie is their taking phone selfies of the action to record any of his missteps. Lucas is trying to keep up with a more skilled sand boarder, so there can be other skilled sand boarders in the distance.
This is the tricky part. The sample covers I attach show the characters in action and scream (well maybe yell loudly) “action and adventure”. Since this is Lucas first time out he is still kind of new at this, so he should look like an adventure hero, but at the same time a new one. – think a young Harrison Ford.
BOOK COVER: Back – The beach sand continues in the back. Lucas and Julie are each riding a burro (donkey) across the beach with a young person pulling the burro’s reigns. This occupies the bottom half of the page with room for the book description to be added later (by the author) at the top.
This is a transition scene from the Beach Dunes chapter and the Beach soccer chapter. If you feel especially creative there can be the beach dunes in the distance behind them or the beach soccer in the distance ahead of them.
VIP: I am publishing this from my publishing, animation, gaming studio. I will have a logo done in the future, but for now please leave a space at the bottom (just type “Logo”) for me to input it when it is ready. (also space for ISBN) Because of the colors etc. involved please allow this space to be surrounded by a light sand color. Thanx!
BOOK SIZE: Size will be a 5.25 x 8-inch size. (Diary of a Sixth Grade Ninja for comparison)’ eBook and softcover. It should be designed to fit Kindle best quality image requirements, Ideal dimensions for cover files are 2,560 x 1,600. pixels. I will need the PSD for translation for foreign languages.
• ADDITIONAL NEEDS: I am submitting to have my book cover done now, but I am very interested in also receiving an animation image plane (front view and side view) of the two main characters.” Lucas & Julie – 10 x 10, 200 Dpi, Tiff or PSD. – for Image Plane. I would like to discuss this after the contest with my winning designer if possible!
• ADDITIONAL NEEDS II: As production on the book proceeds I will also be looking for a designer to do black and white inside illustrations for each chapter. Also negotiated after the contest!