We have permission from our designer for another designer to carry on his series look. We are looking for that style to be replicated as closely as possibly so that there doesn't appear to be a break in our covers throughout the series.
We will require a paperback at some point, so would love to set up a project with the winning designer to complete that as well as other titles in the series.
The cover quote should be as on the previous designs:
'Pure British detective story' <i>The New York Times</i>
- these covers are obviously very image led, so the quality of the photo is key
- though the images do seem a little irrelevant, they are in some way tied to the story
- this title is set on the Isle of Man AND France
- begins with a woman being found shot on a beach
- the woman has been gambling at the casino (we rarely have an interior shot, so just keep that in mind)
A few setting quotes:
'Three regency rooms of the hotel turned into a temporary casino until the real thing could be built. Old ornamental ceilings with plaster panels and medallions'
'A warm, dry night. The last of the daylight still lingered reluctantly and etched the quiet little hills behind Douglas against the darkening blue background of the sky. The flashes of the Head lighthouse rhythmically punctuated the fading light. '
'The tide was on the ebb and dragged the water over the rattling stones of the beach.'
'A man taking his dog for a last walk came upon her just after eleven o’clock. She had been shot through the head. The earth had received her kindly and she lay like somebody sleeping.'
'She lived at a place called Evian, on Lake Geneva, in France.'
(We'll require the eBook file sized at 1656 x 2560.)