I'm looking for a print book cover for a thriller novel, subgenre psycho thriller. I already have an idea for the project, but none of the following points are mandatory, I am open for any of your ideas. What is important for me is that the cover transports a sort of strange, daunting atmosphere, but in a subtle way.
My suggestions are:
- rather cold coloring
- a meadow with a house on the front, the house should be in the horizontal center of the image
- the lawn can take up up to 2/3 of the vertical space, the title should be printed on the lawn in big, modern letters
- the title is: "WEISST DU NOCH, WAS IN DEM RAUM GESCHAH?" without the quotation marks
- a little detail about the house should look odd, like for example closed shutters or dead flowers in the flower boxes
- there should be a little (very little) blood on the lawn and footprints departing from the house
- please leave space for the blurb on the back
In the attachment, I'm giving some examples for what the cover should look like and how it shouldn't look ;-) The focus is on the mood, not on the details.