Text on cover:
The Woman at the Light
A Key West Novel
''A heroine readers are unlikely to ever forget . . . An absolutely fantastic and unputdownable!' --Michelle Moran, nationally bestselling author of Nefertiti and Madame Tussaud
I would like a cover to replace the current cover of the book because I do not own the rights to the artwork. The cover should depict a woman on a beach and a lighthouse. The current cover is attached.
As a guideline, here are a few comments on what I liked with the old cover and didn't like -
1) I liked the way they managed to tweak the sky colors so the light in the lighthouse could be seen
2) I liked that there was a palm tree near it that told us it was a tropical island.
3) I liked that the sky under the sunset is brooding and a bit mysterious, creating interest
4) I liked that they used a tall, simple, slender lighthouse (some of them are squat or cluttered with out-buildings, striped in garish colors, or perched up on a limestone outcropping--which is not Florida Keys topography)
5) The type face was okay, though I'd be interested in looking at others. I suggested this one to them because what they had originally put on was unreadable.
6) Although a dramatic night scene is tempting, Key West is famous for its sunsets, so I don't have much of a problem with that. See what the designer thinks.
What I didn't like was:
1) The colors in the foreground were washed-out looking, blurring distinction between sand and sea
2) I don't particularly like the use of green (a personal preference)
3) I later saw that same image of the woman on another book cover, walking toward a castle. (She gets around!) She might be over-used.