Have you ever felt overwhelmed by responsibilities that you are carrying—responsibilities that you know deep down are not yours to carry—due to fear, resentment and/or guilt?
Have you avoided uncomfortable feelings by distracting yourself with food, social media, TV, movies, alcohol, porn, chaotic relationships or something else?
Would you like to learn how to deal with previous emotional wounds as well as prevent future injury?
This easy to read and implement book will show you how to get emotional wisdom. I will teach you 7 biblical strategies to heal emotional wounds and prevent future injury in the battle for your soul. As a Christian psychiatrist, I can tell you that these strategies really work!
• Examine your thoughts and beliefs for common lies that the enemy has used to keep you bound up, and learn how to detect and disarm these lies going forward.
• Discover valuable ways to manage your thoughts and feelings in a God-honoring way.
• Learn how and why to let go of responsibilities that are not yours, so you can walk in freedom and peace rather than in fear and resentment.
• See how your thoughts and words affect your identity, relationships, feelings, health and behaviors.
• Develop valuable skills like: when, why and how to say no; taking out the garbage; THE FLIP Method; how to change the channel in your mind; & praying out.
• Set yourself up to make better choices.
• Understand that godly self-care is NOT selfish.
Get Emotional Wisdom has been designed to help you learn how to improve your emotional health, which will impact your entire life. This book is for Christians who struggle with people pleasing, overcommitment, overwhelming feelings, pessimism, distraction from purpose, emotional avoidance, negative thinking, and the relationship problems that accompany these characteristics.
What is stopping you from getting emotional wisdom?