E.Y. Mak has worked on international M&A and financing transactions, presented on the legal issues surrounding emerging technology and advised on privacy legislation. He ignores most of these mundane experiences when writing.
In his free time, he enjoys watching and playing hockey, capturing the world through photography, sampling scotch and adventuring with his wife, son and yorkie around the world.
Crimen, Joven adulto, viajes, Ficción
Descripción del libro
Phineas is a security agency offering its services to anyone in the world willing to pay top dollar. Its floating surveillance network has conducted 24/7 surveillance on the world’s largest cities since the 1960s. But times have changed. Their technology is dated, the criminals are avoiding detection, and crime is rising once again.
In order to survive, Phineas must evolve and modernize, and Russell Woo is one of the company's rising stars. A former Wall Street lawyer, Russell has the moxy to move up the ranks and manage any one of Phineas’s big clients. But as the city of New York is deciding whether to renew its contract with Phineas, an old friend asks Russell to investigate the suicide of a disgraced mining executive. Russell and his protege, Candice Pirelli, soon finds themselves in the middle of an international mystery that could expose some of the world’s deepest and darkest secrets.
Público al que se apunta
Asian-Americans / Canadians
Persons interested in
- spy novels
- Asian culture
- surveillance / privacy / technology enthusiasts
- alternative history / speculative fiction enthusiasts
18-50 years old
Tipo de portada de libro
Tapa blanda o Paperback
aún no lo sé
Diseño de inspiración
¿Qué colores quieres que tenga tu diseño?
Los diseñadores eligen
Atributos de estilo
Necesidades de diseño
- envision a dark/mysterious aesthetic
- surveillance network includes large navy dirigible-type airship over New York City and large numbers of smaller airborne drones and airships - could be good visual elements
- setting involves Manhattan and Hong Kong
- lots of privacy / surveillance themes
- protaganist is chasing a mysterious (dark) killer
- additional inspiration available at https://www.thedepositorynovel.com
- I've always liked Matt Taylor's style of book cover for Le Carre books
- airship should appear militaristic
- could integrate big data elements
Lo que debe evitarse
no anime style
Promoción de blog
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte