The cover should be modern, sleek, and dynamic. It should also have a balance between illustration and photographic styles... pure photo can feel cold to me, but it should NOT look like 70's men's adventure novel.
I always pictured the title stacked (the word TOKYO above the word BLACK, with Tokyo in white font, and Black in black font. That being said, I'm no designer, so I'm open to anything.
I've attached some covers of similar genre books below. This is the first book in a series, so ideally the style and motiff of the cover should be able to be used for a later titles in the series. I also attached some pictures i found inspiring, but I do not own the rights for these.
Some prominent visual elements of the book (not saying any of these need to be used, but thought it might help visualize the book.)
1. Caine has green eyes, that are described as "Tiger-like" on several occasions
2. Tokyo... the Tokyo of the story is a fusion of neon lit futuristic anime, and dark, ancient alley ways. The old and the new fused together.
3. The character Caine is searching for, a Japanese girl named Hitomi, is described as having dark, haunted eyes... Caine cannot put them out of his mind once he has seen them.
4. Car Chase - one action scene involved a car chase through Tokyo, between a Black GTR and a red 2016 Acura NSX
5. A large action scene takes place a holographic concert (look up Hatsune Miku) of a character with neon green hair who serves as an avatar and virtual mask for Hitomi.