I need a book cover for a book called:
Title: Step by Step Mixing
Subtitle: How to Create Great Mixes Using Only 5 Plug-ins
Author: Bjorgvin Benediktsson
It's about mixing music and music production for home studio musicians. I want it to convey simplicity and a "step by step" process so it can't be super busy as a cover.
A few things regarding the design:
1. I will be selling this book on Amazon so people need to see immediately what the book is about through the title AND subtitle when they're browsing.
2. Steve Scott's covers are a great example of when the title/subtitle really stand out in the design and are readable. See multiple examples in my References but his author bio with more is here: https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Scott/…8NFKNM/ref
Please browse his catalog of books to see how he structures his title/subtitle and design. Simplicity in the background image is probably best then but I'm also open to creative ideas.
3. Amazon shrinks book covers all the way down to 90 pixels in width in certain places. It is very important that you can still read the title AND subtitle at this size.
4. I'm basing this book off my course: Mixing With 5 Plug-ins(www.mixingwith5plugins.com). I've attached the PSD to that product poster but I don't think I want it to look the same. It can be similar in style and/or color scheme though.
The file is too large to upload so here's a link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u…02.psd.zip
5. I've attached some stock photos you can use in the design but please don't let these photos limit your design ideas. I'd like love some originality as well!
Please remember that it's most important to emphasize both the title AND subtitle over any images :)