I would like the cover to be similar in design to my ebooks, Step By Step Mixing, Better Mixes in Less Time, EQ Strategies and Drum Mix Toolkit which you can see on the following pages:
Also, please refer to my website for a better understanding of my brand in general: http://www.audio-issues.com
The book is about mixing music and music production for home studio musicians, specifically about vocals and singing. It has a lot of easy to read tips they can use right away. My style of writing is conversational, funny and easy to read. I don't take myself too seriously and I want the book cover to convey that it can be fun and easy to produce vocals in your home studio.
The three things this cover needs to convey is
1. Vocals and producing songs with singing in them (vocals, melody, etc).
2. Music and home studio production
3. Fun and easiness.
The book is called Expert Home Vocals so something that incorporates singing, recording vocals, vocal microphones, home studio setup, waveforms, EQ, compression, effects etc...
What I like about my previous covers is that they combine the music production element in some way with something different (like the blender, hourglass and chessboard).
The subtitle is basically what I want to help them do. They are having a hard time producing great sounding vocals in their home studios.
I want a cool, cartoonish style cover that catches the eye and looks unique. Please see my previous ebook covers on Amazon Author Central so that you can get a feel for what kind of style I like:
Check out other products and my website at http://www.audio-issues.com/products so see the different product designs I've had in the past.
Check out my past contests for what I like to see in a design:
If you believe you might benefit from incorporating some of the designs from previous designs, like the logos, or anything from the website, please don't hesitate to ask.
A few things regarding the design:
1. I will be selling this book on Amazon so people need to see immediately what the book is about through the title AND subtitle when they're browsing. So make sure the title and subtitle can be read when it's shrunk down to 90 px.
2. I've already chosen a few cover ideas for the brief but Steve Scott's covers are a great example of when the title/subtitle really stand out in the design and are readable. See multiple examples in my previous book contest: https://99designs.com/book-cover-de…0595/brief
Also, Steve Scott's author bio has more cover ideas: https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Scott/…8NFKNM/ref
3. Amazon shrinks book covers all the way down to 90 pixels in width in certain places. It is very important that you can still read the title AND subtitle at this size.
4. My previous eBooks have great covers that have the "fun" "interesting" "different" and "unique" design that I'm looking for. Please research those design in-depth to get a feel for what I'm looking for.
Please remember that it's most important to emphasize both the title AND subtitle in addition to having a cool image to convey the subject matter :)