The book is about mixing music and music production for home studio musicians. It has a lot of easy to read tips they can use right away. My style of writing is conversational, funny and easy to read. I don't take myself too seriously and I want the book cover to convey that it can be fun and easy to mix drums.
The three things this cover needs to convey is
1. EQ, which is short for equalization and is about manipulating frequencies in audio.
2. Music and home studio production
3. Fun and easiness.
The book is called EQ Strategies - Your Ultimate Guide to EQ so something that incorporates eq, frequencies, waveforms, audio, music production, home studios, musicians, recording etc...
Off the top of my head I can think of things related to audio: mixing board, Equalizer, music software, colorful waveforms, compressors, reverb, delay, saturation etc...
You can also think about what "Strategy" means, like using a chess board, military stuff maybe? Or anything that's strategic.
The subtitle is basically what I want to help them do. They are having a hard time creating separation between their instruments and balance in their mixes.
I want a cool, cartoonish style cover that catches the eye and looks unique. Please see my previous ebook covers on Amazon Author Central so that you can get a feel for what kind of style I like:
Also, I'm replacing the current cover and you can see the current cover that I'm fed up with on this page: http://www.EQStrategies.net
Check out other products and my website at http://www.audio-issues.com/products so see the different product designs I've had in the past.
Check out my past contests for what I like to see in a design:
If you believe you might benefit from incorporating some of the designs from previous designs, like the logos, or anything from the website, please don't hesitate to ask.
A few things regarding the design:
1. I will be selling this book on Amazon so people need to see immediately what the book is about through the title AND subtitle when they're browsing.
2. I've already chosen a few cover ideas for the brief but Steve Scott's covers are a great example of when the title/subtitle really stand out in the design and are readable. See multiple examples in my previous book contest: https://99designs.com/book-cover-de…0595/brief
Also, Steve Scott's author bio has more cover ideas: https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Scott/…8NFKNM/ref
Please browse his catalog of books to see how he structures his title/subtitle and design. Simplicity in the background image is probably best then but I'm also open to creative ideas.
3. Amazon shrinks book covers all the way down to 90 pixels in width in certain places. It is very important that you can still read the title AND subtitle at this size.
4. My previous eBooks have great covers that have the "fun" "interesting" "different" and "unique" design that I'm looking for.
Please remember that it's most important to emphasize both the title AND subtitle in addition to having a cool image to convey the subject matter :)
I'm attaching files and examples from my previous contests and branding materials so you can see what the overall brand feels like.