Even experts struggle struggle with how to best present their ideas to an audience.
With the unprecedented growth of video content, experts and thought-leaders are increasingly expected to appear on camera despite having no formal training in presenting skills. Whether you’re self-shooting, or in a studio, you want your presenting skills to carry the same weight and authority as your expertise, but all too-often the alien nature of filming and speaking under pressure can be our undoing.
This can lead to under-performance, negative experiences, and future avoidance of projects which could raise your profile and catapult your career to new heights!
But it doesn't have to be this way. Presenting is a skill - not an inborn talent. Armed with these extensively field-tested techniques and in-depth industry knowledge, Presentable will make sure you're never caught short on camera again.
This book will teach you how to:
• Deliver clear, professional, and powerful performances and presentations
• Tackle & harness stage -fright and nerves
• Feel comfortable and project confidence on camera
• Succeed in video & audio interviews (as host or guest!)
• Understand the power of non-verbal communication and body language for the screen
• How to harness and bring out the best in your facial expressions
• Use the correct posture & breathing techniques
• Work with the camera, line of sight and walking whilst on camera
• Increase your vocal power, and speak with clarity
• Tailor your scripts and reports for the screen into a style that suits you
• Work comfortably with a prompt or Autocue
• Know what to expect on set & working in television
• Recover quickly and gracefully from on-screen fluffs
Now featuring a bonus chapter on self-shooting, learn how to enjoy, rather than just endure, presenting and get Presentable!
As a seasoned ‘talking head,’ with a decade in front of and behind the camera, Dr Paul Harrison has helped people from fields as diverse as finance to art-history feel more confident, poised and professional on camera.