"Doom, Gloom and Despair" is a 31,000 word novella that will slot into the horror and humor/satire genres.
The book will be published by Penman House Publishing. Cover layout, resolution and dimensions for both an eBook cover and a paperback cover will adhere to KDP and CreateSpace guidelines using the highest resolution allowed.
Included in your bid will be:
· A front, back and spine for a physical book (page count to follow, but approximately XXX inches).
· An eBook front cover (only).
The author has very specific requirements. The guidelines below are just that – guidelines. They are not meant to limit your creativity. Following award, the winning designer will work directly with the author to hone the images. Expect multiple revisions. The author currently has two full length novels available for sale and more are scheduled for release.
From the author:
Here are my ideas for the paperback cover.
The colours are to be dominated by reds/yellows and black with the lettering all in white.
Front Cover is a Y maybe we should actually separate the images with a thin white Y:
· In the cup is a roaring bear's head looking directly out.
· The left of the stem is a volcanic eruption.
· The right of the stem is a nuclear explosion
For the paperback the back cover has:
· A mad, large dog (lots of teeth) in the center looking directly at and about to bite the reader.
· The bear is flanked by two faces in profile and looking in, a fiend on the left and a young benign looking god (Not Jesus) on the right.
Wording for the paperback:
Smaller sized across the top "Tales of horror and humour"
Below in larger font "Doom, Gloom and Despair" Should this all be in caps?
At the Bottom "Aaron Aalborg”
"Penman House Publishing" below that in smaller letters [font and specifics will be provided – please leave space for the ISBN]
Wording for the back:
"Doom, Gloom and Despair” is a collection of tales, all ending in catastrophe and horror. Some will make you think. Others will amuse.
Sex, bloody murders, fierce man eating animals, fierce animal eating men, suicides, cannibalism, mass extinctions and the end of the universe are all included.
What jolly japes!
The types of pics I have in mind are attached.