I need a design (2d flat and 3D) for an ebook cover and a kindle cover that will be launched initially on Amazon and similar websites. This ebook is the volume one of a sci-fi thriller series called Johann Marquez series.
The cover needs to include: title, author name, name of the series and banner (explained below).
1. Title: Dead front
2. Author: Jon Acker
3. Banner: Two versions of the cover design are required each with a different banner (it means same cover design but with two different banners). The banner has to be relevant enough to make the message clear but cannot be so large that it takes attention from the rest of the cover.
- Text in banner for version one: “First seven chapters (full book scheduled for release early in 2016).
- Text in banner two: “Full book”.
4. Name of the series: Johann Marquez series.
Description of the book story.
The story takes place in New York (and other US cities). This is the near future, maybe 20 to 30 years from now. Society exists largely as today but technology has significantly advanced in the realms of communication, weapons, transport and medicine.
The main character, Johann Marquez, is a detective of the NYPD Tech Crimes Division. The book starts with a car crash and the main case is related to the internet and the electricity grid. Secondary story threads include solar power, genetically engaged killers and top-notch hackers.
Some covers that are in line with the design I am looking for:
This means that the main character might be in some kind of shadow and the rest of the cover should show a setting that implied that the story takes place in the near future and, potentially, some of the aspects mentioned in the “Description of the book story”. How to represent it is fully up to the designer’s creativity.
A few more comments:
- It could be an option (only an option!) that from the kind of shadow representing the main character the reader could imply that he is a cop.
- Please avoid too futuristic covers.
- I would like a cover inspired on the ones above but with its own spirit.
- The cover has to be in color but it is important:
- It is appealing also in black and white.
- It looks appealing and the author name and title can be read easily in the typical small size used by Amazon.com in the “Customer who bought this item also bought” section.
Please have in mind that the cover has to comply with the characteristics explained by Amazon in the link below.