* My name: Chris Strom (SPELL IT RIGHT!!!)
* Interesting typography -- nothing too fancy, but certainly beyond standard web fonts.
* Colors / fonts that suggest the book is aimed at girls, definitely kids.
* Easily readable title -- even in thumbnail
* Non-stock photography. See below for my previous winning designs. None of them used stock photographs.
* Graphic suggesting video games
* Also thought about a club house motif, e.g Kids-Only sign out front.
* Scrawl near title: and Grown Ups too (see gaming_js_sketch_grown_ups.jpg)
* Tertiary title: "Learn to Program: Code / Games / Web Programming"
* Subtle code in the background. You might try from here: https://github.com/eee-c/my_fab_gam…/player.js
Size / Format:
* I would like PSD and Illustrator format.
* The PDF version of the book will be 7"x9".
* The target size for the marketing web site is roughly 390x500 pixels.
* Bonus points if it looks good in thumbnail format (110x140).