Ecosystem Arabia captures the perspectives, insights, and ideas of some of the most influential figures in the tech and startup scene in the Arab world.
Through a collection of one-on-one interviews with all the key stakeholders—including top local and global thought-leaders entrepreneurs, investors, incubators, accelerators, service providers, event organizers, media, educators, and policymakers, who are making an impact on the Middle East and North Africa region or “MENA”—you get a driver seat view into the inner working of this up and upcoming, thriving ecosystem.
Ecosystem Arabia examines:
• The current state of MENA startup & tech ecosystem and its evolution in recent years¬
• Who is making the greatest impact, what is working and what is missing the mark on such areas as infrastructure, funding, talent, cost, and regulations
• The top challenges entrepreneurs in this region are facing and what can be done to tackle them
• A full overview of the funding environment and where the money is
• Examples of recent government policies, initiatives, infrastructure projects, activities and reform
• The need for increased focus on youth education and culture development to set the stage for entrepreneurs
• What is being done to attract international talent, companies, investment and is it working
• Some of the most exciting and promising sectors and tech opportunities in this region
Outside of perhaps Silicon Valley, never before have there been so many key players and insiders shedding as much light on one particular geography ecosystem under one publication anywhere. While MENA is far from being comparable to Silicon Valley nor should it attempt to copy, perhaps Ecosystem Arabia presents a more realistic picture and possibly the most comprehensive case study of how developing countries should approach nurturing their new economies, rather than how to become the next Silicon Valley per se.
Whether you’re a global-minded entrepreneur interested in untapped markets or a local one interested in effectively navigating such dynamic environment; or an investor interested in gaining deeper understanding; or anyone from educators to policymakers who is genuinely interested in acquiring a more holistic view of the tech and startup world in this region, this book is for you.