UPDATE TO BRIEF - Tue 4/4 - 11am PST
Welcome to the contest. I have had some excellent designs so far and I know there are more to come.
1. As of right now, I am making this contest BLIND. I have had one design get knocked off and I want to respect every design that is entered...and respect your private design.
2. I will rate and comment on every design you submit. (My plan is to do one edit round 3x / day). That means you will get fast feedback from your hard work.
3. Finally, this contest will move fast. I am working on a timeline, so expect to get approved and paid fast.
4. Thank you for all the jet pictures. I do NOT think a jet image works on the front cover as it interferes with the theme of the book. That said, I do like seeing the jet image on the back cover so please explore that idea.
BOOK SIZE WILL BE
Cover Dimensions detailed in this doc:
You can see the OLD version of this book cover here:
(this may help you with dimensions)
(Ideally, don’t use these for design ideas. It's just a reference.)
What I Want •
-- Front and back cover
-- Include the title the subtitle and the author, "4-Time #1 Best Selling Author" on the front cover
-- SEE SIZE ABOVE IN THIS BRIEF
-- You can use the cover guidelines for CreateSpace found here. Plan on 80-90 pages: https://www.createspace.com/Product…verPDF.jsp
-- Final files required are a cover file, kindle cover file image, and .psd file
Covers both including and not including photos of the author Ed Rush are encouraged.
-- Photos of Ed may be found here:
(We have others. So if you want some more of Ed without a flight suit, please feel free to ask).
-- I generally prefer “clean” looking books, white background. I’m up for ANY OTHER ideas as long as it’s representative of a big time brand. (The old book cover wasn’t - thus the change)
-- Here are a few examples of what I mean by “clean”:
-- Please feel free to use any stock imagery or imagery we can buy the rights to.
Airplane pics are fine if they are in the common domain (such as pics from .gov sites – where noted as copyright free)
By submitting any designs for the cover of the book tentatively titled “Launch”, you automatically agree to the following terms. Please don’t submit anything if you do not agree.
– I acknowledge that Ed Rush & Assoc., LLC, their licensees and assigns have many pre-existing designs and will be reviewing other designs that may be similar to those that I submit.
– I acknowledge that the final book cover may include concepts that appear similar to those that I submit.
– I waive any claims that I may have against Ed Rush & Assoc., LLC, their licensees and assigns with regard to the design I have submitted to illustrate the jacket of a work tentatively entitled “Warrior” by Ed Rush, including any claims of invasion of privacy, violation or right of publicity, libel or copyright infringement.