We have permission from our designer for another designer to carry on his series look. We are looking for that style to be replicated as closely as possibly so that there doesn't appear to be a break in our covers throughout the series.
We will require a paperback at some point, so would love to set up a project with the winning designer to complete that as well as other titles in the series.
The cover quote should be as on the previous designs:
'Michael Innes is in a class by himself' Time Literary Supplement
As well as the Series Title: An Inspector Appleby Mystery
And the tagline: 23 Detective Stories
The fonts are Brandon Grotesque for the title and Gotham for the rest.
The original cover simply had a pipe on it. This entire book is the main detective sitting around by the fire, drink whiskey, tea, or a pint, smoking his pipe, and talking to his friends about his cases. I sort of like the idea of demonstrating that in a way that suits the series style. Feel free to surprise us - we love wildcards as long as their in keeping with the style.
- 'Appleby again halted in his narrative—this time to tap out his pipe. It might have been the heat of the fire that had brought a slight flush to his features as he sat back again.'
- 'Decanters and syphon were still disposed where they had been set the night before.'
- 'Appleby drew a second chair to the fire in the club smoking-room.'
- 'to set down a tea-tray in their place'
- 'The Vicar set down his tankard. '
- 'The Vicar produced his pipe. '
(We'll require the eBook file sized at 1656 x 2560 and will need the packaged InDesign/Photoshop file as well.)