Subtitle: How to value your startup in 12 easy steps
A no-nonsense guide to value your startup
When investors ask for a valuation, many founders choke. They stutter, stall or worse: ask the investor.
The investor is puzzled. Founders can name the price for their product. Then why not for their shares?
THE #1 GUIDE TO STARTUP VALUATION hands you the tools to value your startup.
You will learn:
• The difference between selling your shares and raising money
• Why investors buy your shares
• The 4 building blocks of startup valuation
• How to value your startup if you raise money with equity
• How many shares you have to give away when you do a convertible
• How to choose between one or multiple exit scenarios
• How to choose between a convertible with a discount and a discount and a cap
• How to choose between equity and convertible debt
This straightforward book is not a luxury
If you don’t speak your investor’s language, negotiations fail.
If you don’t understand an investor’s logic, negotiations fail.
And if you can’t get your investor to agree on a fair valuation, negotiations fail.
So, stop improvising. Save yourself the time, money and frustration. Get this book.