WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We're looking for an e-book and paperback cover for debut author Dolls Bowman's novel, "SEASONS OF A SINGLE GIRL -- FALL AND WINTER". This is the first in a two part book.
Chick-Lit and/or African American Romance
A LITTLE INFO. ABOUT THE BOOK:
* This is a realistic love story that takes place in sunny southern California, and there are many references to the California season...which really isn't a true season at all. I'm hoping to find someone that can capture the idea of a California season (in all it's sunnyness) and depict it as the natural eye sees it, as if looking into the sky or off into the distance. Of equal importance is capturing the essence and beauty of the main character and making her stand out with a certain force and femininity that makes a person stare at her.
THE BOOK COVER:
The book cover should be a beautiful yet simple work of art that speaks to the body of work inside. There are two concepts for the covers background.
CHOOSE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE
(BACKGROUND CONCEPT 1) Four Seasons Blending and Meshing Into One Another
* There are four panels, each will have a season drawn in it that is representative of that particular California season. Please do not add things like animals, insects, rainbows, trees etc. to the seasons, or scenic pictures. What can be added:
Clouds (a must)
Autumn leaves (a must, in fall only)
Rain (a must in winter only)
* Each season will blend and mesh naturally into the next. There should be no visual dividing line between any of them.
* Preference: A transluscent haze over the seasons background; making it where, if one took a second look, they will see things they hadn't the first time.
* Order of seasons from left to right: AUTUMN, WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER (must be in this order). Thanks.
(BACKGROUND CONCEPT 2) White Background/Minimal Seasons
- Background of book is white, yet in the distance on the right hand side of the book, there are beautiful autumn leaves falling and slightly, at the very edge of the autumn leaves are rain drops, either light rain drops or torrential...again playing into the idea of the seasons meshing.
(Note: The placement of the main character is in front of the seasons.)
- The main character’s body shape is essential, and her curves are to be highlighted. She has cantaloupe sized breasts, a tiny waistline, and larger hips. She has an oval shaped face and lips that let you know she's thinking something. She is sexy.
- Her hair is long (past her shoulders), full, and has big bouncy curls. Her hair is beautiful but should not look like every single piece is perfectly in order, it's more or less, the free flowing style that adds to the hairs beauty. The color of her hair is a couple of variations of browns, one lighter than the other.
- Main Character's clothing: A pretty casual dress, short sleeve or 3/4 length sleeve, fun and flirty.
- She's an African-American woman, 28 years old, caramel/cinnamon complexion
(IMPORTANT) Whether you choose to draw the main character or use a stock picture...the placement of the main character should be where her whole face is not shown. This could mean only a portion of her face is shown and we don't see both eyes, or her hair covers one eye, or her face is positioned at an angle...it's up to you. Just make her absolutely sexy and stunning!
(ALSO IMPORTANT) The main character should be enlarged; whereas her entire body is not shown on the cover.
AUTHOR'S NAME: DOLLS BOWMAN
(Author's name should appear at the top of the cover.)
BOOK TITLE: SEASONS OF A SINGLE GIRL
FALL AND WINTER
(The book title should appear in the middle of the book. The title should be typed where one large S is used for both words...Season and Single. The large S is a play towards the sexiness of the main character, with the S following the curves of her shape.
PUBLISHER: SPRINGFORTH PUBLISHING LLC.
Thank you so much, I hope to find someone that can truly captivate this vision and bring it to life.
**I've included a sketch of the main character. It is just a rough sketch but is very representative of certain things, i.e. - her body and shape of her face, her placement on the cover and her presence, example of the large S and how it is used in the title.