Would love to have you design a cover for my new Christian devotional book. Here’s the info:
(Another quick update to the brief -
The series name is Silent Moments with God. I'm wondering if you might consider submitting some designs that focus on the silence of a soul looking up to God. I know you are very creative so I'll look forward to seeing your visions for this. Thanks so much!)
(Just a quick update for the brief to emphasize a couple of things. First, since the book will primarily be sold online, it's really important that it be easily seen as a thumbnail and that the lettering be strong enough for this. Also, there are three books in this series and I'm hoping the covers will all be very similar. So I'll need to be able to select similar but contrasting artwork for them and also have lettering and any other elements that can be used for all three. So if the designs could be done with an eye toward adjusting for the other two, that would be great! Thanks a bunch!)
• Need front and back covers for paperback (5 1/2 and 8 1/2) with matching Kindle cover.
• Title: Enfolded in God’s Arms
• Subtitle: 40 Reflections to Embrace Your Inner Healing
• Author: Lisa Aré Wulf (please note the accent)
• Series Name: Silent Moments with God
• BISAC subject headings for the back cover: Religion / Christian Life / Devotional
• Here is the wording for the back cover including description of the book, one endorsement, and author info (which also gives you an idea of what the book is about):
Back Cover Copy:
Embrace Your Inner Healing (Headline)
Enfolded in God’s Arms offers forty compassionate and insightful reflections that will gently guide you into a warm spiritual embrace. Experience times of healing, transformation, and growth in a special season with Jesus. Discover new perspectives as wounds are mended and life moves forward.
• Reflect on meditations that illuminate the love of Jesus in the everyday hurts of life
• Find gentle scriptures, hopeful prayers, positive questions, and silent moments with God
• Receive thoughtful affirmation as you search for peace
Embrace your inner healing within the sacred space of your heart. Hold hands with Jesus as you contemplate this peaceful garden of comforting reflections. Allow God’s tender love to enfold you and restore the broken places of your soul.
“An empowering book, biblically grounded in God’s affirming love.” The Rev. Dr. Winifred Mitchell
Lisa Are Wulf has shared her spiritual story with women’s groups around the country. She is passionate about music, art, all things beautiful, and living the devotional life. An award-winning author and Fuller Theological Seminary graduate, Lisa lives and writes in Colorado with her husband, Calvin.
• I'm looking for something creative, whimsical, simple, elegant, peaceful, calm, intriguing and inviting which appeals primarily to women. I have attached jpg’s of cover concepts I like.
• A flower theme – a single flower or a small arrangement would work. Am open to other concepts too. Prefer not to have people on cover, but would consider it.
• I prefer photographs rather than illustrations, but am open. (I prefer Fotolia since I have an account there but am open to other sources too.)
• A picture wrapping from front cover to back is OK.
• Prefer some color in the background but will consider white.
• Lettering should be clean, simple, elegant and easy to read.
• No Christian symbols and no busy looking covers.
• This book is the first of a three-part series. Design should consider common elements that can be used in the other two – type of picture, theme, typography, etc.
• Design should be easily seen as a thumbnail photo.
• I have attached three possible photos of myself for the back cover.
• I have attached an EPS file of our publishing company logo – Spiritual Formation House. Please use the complete logo on the back cover. For the spine, use the small blue house that is inside the larger white house with the letters SFH if it fits the design. Feel free to change the color of the logo and small house.
• I published one prior book which won an award. It is called “On a Quest for Christ: Tracing the Footsteps of Your Spiritual Journey.” It is optional to include that book or that I am an award-winning author.
Note: I have also uploaded sample chapters in case they might help with the design. It is not necessary to read them, though.
Thanks so much!