Allergies and anaphylaxis are on the rise, alongside gastrointestinal problems, skin issues, fatigue, orthopedic pain, neurological symptoms, and just about everything in between. Patients are coming out of the woodwork with chronic, debilitating, often invisible illness. Recent research estimates that 14%-17% of the population may have mast cell activation disease.
This book includes:
• an in-depth overview of mast cell activation disease, with a focus on mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS)
• a patient story describing life with MCAS
• a detailed literature review and current hypotheses for disease origins
• a practical guide of clinical considerations for diagnosis
• a chapter devoted to comorbid conditions, including Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, POTS, and more
• several chapters devoted to mainstream and natural treatment options, dietary considerations, and strategies for holistic healing
• content from interviews with prominent MCAS experts
Why “Mast Cells United?” Much of the medical community has never heard of the condition, and existing mainstream treatment tends to focus predominantly on pharmacological management. Much of the perception of misbehaving mast cells is negative, but with the right approach blending mainstream and holistic care, patients can identify root issues to restore optimal immune system function.