Waking up in Tiki's world - Consists of 2 parts - waking up and Tiki's world
1. Waking up is used in a more figurative way: new day, new beginnings, an old life leaving behind, soul awakening.
2. Tiki's world - is related to TIKI, and in the Māori culture TIKI has its strongest significance. In my story Tiki is also one of the main characters. He is Māori, and the story takes place in New Zealand. So Tiki's world is both the physical world - buildings and the people of NZ, as well as the cultural-, natural and spiritual world that Māori people represent in general, and Tiki - more specifcially .
The book can be categorized under: Fiction, Travel, Culture, Spirituality, Self help and self development.
Ackland City and the greater Ackland area in New Zealand, with some exceptional small trips further away.
2 main characters - 2 men - complete different backgrounds:
1. West-European male from 33-36 years old: Highly educated highly skilled and well paid job arrives with his wife (third main character) and dog in NZ. He transits slowly from an old life with job and wife to a new life alone (during the book he lost his job and his wife) he... "wakes up" due to the intense friendship with the second main character:
2. the native Māori man, high school drop-out, works as, server, barrista in cafes to survive, and purely interested in the traditional Māori culture and is in the story 37-40 years old).
The feeling of the book cover should present the mystical, spiritual part of this journey, and should somehow visualize the educative relationship between the main character of the book and the Māori man. the latter shows him his world / teaches him the way he sees society, the working of the universe, and in this context: Māori culture, connection with nature, the spirituality intertwined with it, and more specifically he teaches about energies, energy cords, (known practises as reiki).
Based on the above information and request for visualization, here are some suggestions (one or multiple can be used - but if designer feels confident enough that she/he can create a cover that perfectly communicates the above with the points below then please surprise me :-)) :
1. Waking up: spiral movement inside the cover (spiral movement is also like Koru in Māori and it means spiritual growth, new beginnings), Enlightenment (if this is used at least part of the cover cannot be dark)- is an other option
2. Māori symbols such as jade- or bone carving, mask, weaving of flax, or tattoo's, etc... (I have a few pics that I will include, and the jade, and bone carvings I have at home - so I can retake pics if so required)
3. some other specific signs e,g, Reiki symbols - (for example the reiki symbol Choku Rei = has some spiral movement as well)
4. Society symbolic: skyline of Auckland city,
5. Dominant Nature (Tasman sea (The wild West-coast of Auckland - see warning sign with attached photos) and Pacific Ocean surround Auckland), forests, Volcanoes, thermal wonderlands
6. Brotherhood 2 persons (in that case both men) can be included in the design...
7. Self growth: 1 person
8. Soul awakening: Something with Eyes (since they are often related to the door / mirror of the "soul")
9. Color setting as per request earlier..can be a combination of different colors.... although purple tones of related to as spiritual color; green - hart , blue - throat - communication; I'm open for others as well.
In case you have an idea and you need a specific photo of it to use as a base let me know, I may have it for you. If I need to re-take any of the existing photos below than I can try to do so.