Main Image on Cover:
I’d like my main character featured on the cover of my novel. PJ is eighteen years old, has a lot of attitude, and wears a lot of wild makeup. Here’s how I’d like PJ pictured:
• She should have long, medium-blond hair. It may be pictured either down and flowing (maybe concealing part of her face) or hair may be swept to the front of one shoulder in a loose, wispy braid. Her hair is mostly straight, with a bit of wave.
• She should have dark brown eyes and be wearing heavy eye makeup. (Thick black eyeliner, mascara, lash extensions. Kind of like Avril Lavigne. But she may have a pop of color around her eyes in the form of some glittery teal, copper, or purple eye shadow. (See color scheme below)
• She is caucasian, so skin should be fair/light.
• She tends to wear red lipstick, so that would be good to include. Also, I would love to see her lips twisting into a smirk. A cocky little half-smile.
• The image should probably be more of a waist-up or head shot to show off the following tattoo design…
• I’d like a pattern of heart-shaped tattoos on one side of PJ’s face.
• Heart tattoos should be varying sizes and colors (see color scheme below).
• Tattoos should be connected with dots, lines, and/or swirls.
• Tattoos should start at PJ’s temple and run all the way down her cheek.
• If depicting part of PJ’s body in picture, the following is a list of things she wears in the book to give you an idea of her style:
o Ripped jeans
o Studded black leather jacket
o Colorful, stretchy, retro T-shirts
o Naval piercing
o Combat boots with fluorescent laces
o Van style sneakers
** It’s also very important to note, that PJ is six feet tall, large busted, and curvy. She is not petite, nor is she super skinny, and should not be depicted so.
Secondary Image for Cover:
I’d also like to see my main character’s love interest, Beau, included in some way on the cover. I am much more flexible with how this is done because I really want the main spotlight to be on PJ. But here are some things to know about Beau:
• He has short dark brown hair usually styled with a side part, and is clean-shaven.
• He has brown eyes and wears wire-rim glasses.
• He's in his mid-twenties.
• Also, caucasian.
• Wears sweater-vests over oxford-button down shirts.
• Is the same height as PJ at six-feet tall.
• He is fit but should not be depicted as some muscle-bound ripped guy with no shirt on.
• Ideas on how to include Beau:
o Part of his face could be included in shot. Maybe he’s kissing one of her heart tattoos.
o Maybe he’s behind her, and we only see part of his face and just a hint of a sweater or white button down shirt.
o Maybe they are back to back, but his image is more towards the spine of book and mostly cut off.
• Light Turquoise
• Touches of red, purple, brown.
Possible images for back of paperback around the blurb:
*A small image of a chubby black cat.
• Title should be a cursive font, but nothing frilly, ornate or difficult to read. Something more edgy and cool.
• The words Pretty and Jane should probably be stacked on top of each other so they can be bigger.
• I’d like to experiment with making the P and the J in the title a different color and/or size to make them stand out.
• Colors of typeface should work with overall cover scheme.
• Positioning of the title on cover is designer’s discretion, so long as it appears above author’s name.
Overall Mood of Cover:
• Romantic (Cover must convey contemporary romance genre)