1. The cover art should evoke feeling.
2. The mood should be light, fun, calm and encouraging.
3. Round lines not sharp. Cuddly yet smart looking.
4. I love the use of shining light and whimsical, almost cotton candy like lines.
5. The style of imagery on each inside page will be an animal to portray each word. For example, Kind - deer (blue ink), clever - fox (peach ink), important -bee (yellow ink), fast - cheetah (green ink) beautiful -peacock (purple ink) etc The COVER art would have an animal that encompasses all the traits of the animals on the inside pages. Preferably with a heart shape on it's face as in the owl photo I will attach.
6. A combination of any animals that are aesthetically pleasing together at the artists discretion.
7. The cover animal will be the mascot of the book. Consider a mix of an owl's face, a dog's floppy ears, a fox's tail, a bird's wings or beak, ...monkey, penguin, lion etc all rolled into 1 main animal. If it only looks good to combine 3 animals that is fine or if it looks best to have a combination of 7 animals parts that is fine too. I will leave it to your eye to decide.
8. It will need to be gender neutral and have all of the colors represented inside the book. Bright pastels.
9. On the cover I would like a butterfly in the sky as well as use of a moon, star, sunshine, rainbow or something earthy and bright.
10. I like Gararond typeset and similar fonts.
11. The printed book will be 8X8 square.
12. Please contact me with detailed questions.
*I will be hiring for inside art as well 40 pages. A total of 20 simple illustrations. Please include your fee and lead time in the proposal if you are able to work on the entire project. Thanks so much!