What I need:
A book cover (front, back, and spine) designed for Stories of Music. It will be developed in both print and electronic editions so I NEED 8.5 x 8.5 FOR THE PRINT BOOK and 8.5 x 11 for the ebook. The back cover should have room for a text summary of the book, two logos for the organizations that will benefit from proceeds (which I will provide), social media icons, contact info, and the ISBN #. I will eventually need an InDesign file that I can open in CS4.
Background about the book:
Included in the anthology are 45 authors and artists who contributed creative nonfiction, poetry, audio, video, and photography--combined these stories take readers on a journey around the world through a variety of life experiences. You can learn more at http://www.storiesofmusic.com.
What I want for this design:
• Something that triggers for readers that this will be a “journey”, a special experience with music that can take people back in time or envision themselves in another place.
• A classic design that will not become quickly dated.
• I am open to either illustrations for photography, or both.
• Something bold that captures readers’ attention, but maintains an optimistic tone. A clean balance between light and dark colors.
• I like clever book designs that play on images and color, and that have dimension. This isn’t required, but I’ll attach some samples of covers I like.
What I don’t want for this design:
• Because the book includes stories from around the world and from various age groups, I do not want to single out just ethnic group, age group, or style of music.
• I do not like stock photos/overused/cheesy images. No headphones please!
• No pastel colors please.
• Nothing too busy that it becomes overwhelming.
The text for the front cover will include:
"Stories of Music Volume 1"
[I had planned to use the logo, which I will include, but I am open to using other fonts/treatments]
"Edited by Holly Tripp"
[and possibly more room for text for another editor or foreword author]
The text for the back cover:
[create a place for a summary of text, yet to be written]
Above the Hungry for Music and Music & Memory logos, add this text]
10% of book proceeds will be donated to