I need a cover for a programming ebook named "Patterns in Polymer".
The topic of the book is the Polymer library (http://www.polymer-project.org/), which is used to create your own HTML elements. It's an exciting, next generation web component.
* The title: Patterns in Polymer
* My name: Chris Strom (SPELL IT RIGHT!!!)
* Interesting typography -- nothing too fancy, but certainly beyond standard web fonts.
* Easily readable title -- even in thumbnail
* No-stock photography. See below for my previous winning designs. None of them used stock photographs.
* Subtitle: "Blueprints for web components in the real world" (maybe highlight "web components")
* Graphic suggesting a repeating polymer
- I don't think the squiggles in the main Wikipedia page on the real-world inspiration sufficiently suggest patterns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer).
- The hexagon in Polystyrene does, which is why I copied it in my sketch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystyrene).
* Subtle code in the background. You might try from one of:
Size / Format:
* I would like both pixel (PSD) and vector (SVG or AI) format.
* The PDF version of the book will be 7"x9".
* The target size for the marketing web site is roughly 390x500 pixels.
* Bonus points if it looks good in thumbnail format (110x140).