Katapult (or in English: Catapult) is a company focused on creating new jobs in the region. It's a mixture of a business accelerator/hub/incubator/consultant company and is built to help young companies grow, by helping them to turn their prototype into a viable product and test it using our test equipment, help them set up their production lines, renting them office space, providing them with an accountant, lawyer, connecting them with investors, etc.
We're backed by Dewesoft, a local company that makes measurement equipment, so you may use the same colors as they, but not necessary (http://www.dewesoft.com/).
My initial idea for the logo was that the letter K is in a shape of a catapult, which just shot something over the rest of the letters.
I'm attaching a rough sketch of the idea. My main concern with this concept is, that when people see it, they must recognize the K
Since the team working on this is very young, I would like the logo to communicate that we're young but still professional and trustworthy. It has to be something that larger companies will take seriously, but still looks cool enough for the startups that we will work with.
Lastly - I love orange, so plase include it.
What we expect from final design:
- Clear and clean graphics, based on modern, simplistic design language
- Needs to clearly communicate professionalism and creativity
- Needs to be print/web/press ready with several color variations for placing the logo on different backgrounds (light, dark, …) and materials (paper, metal, fabrics, …)
- Logo should be simple enough that even single color-monochrome version has immediate recognition of the same trademark
- Logo should be recognizable if printed to very small or very big format
- Logo should have a "square format” variation for various “icon” style graphics (favico, etc...)