We want the logo to bring out both the professionalism of the services we provide (consulting) and the mission of our company (promotion of human rights).
We want our logo to communicate the following:
1. SMART – We’re smart; client is smart for choosing us.
2. PASSIONATE – We are passionate about our work, our clients, our impacts. We’re in this field because we want to improve human rights outcomes.
3. TRUSTED – We’re professional, practical, a good investment. We have the best interest of the client top of mind.
The company name, Article One, relates to the first Article in Universal Declaration on Human Rights which states that " all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights." If there is a way to SUBTLY communicate this we'd love to see what you come up with. However, we don't want it to look like an activist organization or too similar to the logos used by the following organizations: United Nations, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch. Our target audience is business and we'll need to communicate that we are a trusted advisor to them.
We really like logos that are somehow a play on words, or communicate the name visually (see below). However, we don't want the logo or mark to look like a cartoon.
All that said, we want to see your creative ideas! If you have an idea that you think is great but doesn't immediately fit the description we've provided that's ok! You are the design experts.
Examples of logos we love are below (please do not redo these logos with Article One, rather draw inspiration from them):
1) Crowd promotions: http://www.brandcrowd.com/logo-desi…tails/9060
2) Freedom: http://www.logodesignlove.com/freed…-the-chase
3) West Elm on the gray background (first row, last on the row): http://www.allianceforartisanenterp…org/logos/
4) Carrier Films (above in the design examples section)
Please note: We don't like serif fonts and we don't want to use 1, but rather want it spelled out (ONE)