Laurel Wreath =
- nod to our nosocomi roots as caregivers in the ancient world of Greek and roman time periods
- The laurel wreath represented academia achievement, triumph, and peace.
- The laurel leaves were thought to have physical cleansing abilities for disease and was worn by Apollo who's son is the god of medicine.
Shield = represents steadfast principles, commitment, loyalty and protection
RN Symbol = Caduceus
Staff - Rod of Asclepius (Healing)
Two snakes = symbolizes shedding of rebirth and fertility
Wings = Roman god Mercury who guided the death process
Blue: for the Caduceus
loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence,
mental, physical and emotional harmony; truth
- equilibrium between the head and the heart; holistic care; treatment of mind, boy, spirit
- restoring us back to a sense of well being
- Being a combination of yellow and blue, green encompasses the mental clarity and optimism of yellow with the emotional calm and insight of blue, inspiring hope and a generosity of spirit not available from other colors.
This is a color that has a strong sense of right or wrong, inviting good judgment. It sees both sides of the equation, weighs them up, and then usually takes the moral stand in making appropriate decisions.
We are open for any interpretation of these aspects and our overall demographic is 22-37 mostly. We have members in all age groups but 22-37 is most of our membership. We to take this concept to a much higher level than the free template system we used to create the first one.