This municipal branding project is a unique endeavor for a local government of our size. The selected logo will be integrated heavily in to the Village’s brand, with eventual incorporation in to everything from the Village’s new website, banners, official letterhead, and even on the Village’s fleet of Police, Fire, and Public Works vehicles. We may choose to work further with the winning designer to provide variations on the design over time. There are a few key elements that need to be addressed with the new logo:
1) The Logo does need to remain relatively conservative as we are a government entity, but we will entertain creative and modern designs.
2) No one business or industry can singled out (i.e. while Six Flags is an integral part of our community, a rollercoaster wouldn’t be appropriate to capture the image of the entire community).
3) The current use of the ACORN street light has history with the Village and is synonymous with the Village’s identity, but we are interested in seeing some designs with the street light and also some without.
4) The Village has no official colors or color schemes, but through this process we are searching for 2-3 official colors and their CMYK Color Codes.
5) The Village works in close partnership with other entities in the community, including the Gurnee Chamber of Commerce, Gurnee's Got It!, Gurnee Park District, Warren-Newport Public Library, Warren Township, Warren Township High School, and Lake County. Their designs can be used for inspiration.
6) The Village is looking for a logo that can be used in full color, two-tone, and black and white applications.