In general, we like the different icons you used; they add some dynamics to the logo. We like the use of triangles to represent the bottom/base of the pyramid and the ‘inclusive’ shapes; circles and/ or hexagons to represent the breeding place that the incubator represents. We prefer the circles and hexagons over squared shapes.
A few notes for all of you;
- All three words (social business incubator) should be equally represented, as all three are equally important to us. Please do not use one word in a smaller font than the others.
- Color: there’s too much blue and black; we do realize this (formal style) was included in the briefing, but we’d like to lighten it up and suggest yellow, red, orange, purple (as in designs 12, 140 or 143) Not the flashy bright colors, but more the warm, autumn colors. We prefer to work with 2 base colors which complement each other and we do need the logo to be used in black and white as well.
- Fonts; please do not use italics.
For the rest of the assignment; we’d like to ask you to provide:
1. Logo (3 versions)
The logo should include the fully written name “Social Business Incubator”; The “SBI” abbreviation could be part of the logo but not mandatory. It must be usable (style fit) with the logos of Cordaid and Enviu (see attachment). The primary use of logo is digital and print.
As said; we would like three versions:
- One version of the logo as briefed here; this is what we based our first decision on. Please use your personal feedback to improve.
- A second version of your logo should state: ‘powered by Cordaid and Enviu’
- Thirdly; we’d like a logo for the ‘taka taka challenge’ specifically, inspired on the SBI logo. This is a challenge in Kenya; organized by the SBI to work with entrepreneurs on the theme of solid waste. It should have the same color style as the SBI logo, but should say ‘Taka Taka Challenge’. Please see the attached briefing document for further information.
2. A style guide to go with these logos; use of fonts, etc. In this style guide:
- Define and explain typography choice; We want a font that is free of charge
- Define and explain color scheme;
- Provide color and black/white versions of the identity
- Define max./ min. size; If necessary provide small print version
After the logo choice, we’d like (as included in the brand identity pack)
3. A website/facebook banner
4. Business card template
5. PPT template (content slides)