Profile of target audience:
• Relatives (primarily grandparents/grandmothers) who are raising relatives’ children. US 2009 Census in 2,086 for Coconino County (program site) and over 8,000 in 4 counties that the program serves.
• There is an increase in children being placed with grandparent caregivers because the state saves money rather than place children in foster care.
• The average age is 55 years & 45 for Native grandparents.
• Although grandparents take over the care of children which they assume will be brief, many care for a child 5 years or more. Many have had grandchildren cycle in and out of their home while a parent “gets it together”.
• The root causes why parents are unable or unwilling to raise their children are: substance abuse, incarceration, mental illness, death, employment hardships that force relocation and military deployment. (these are listed high to low factors)
• Grandparents income & education levels varies. The situation causes some to slip into poverty (esp. in cases of incarceration) but for the majority they assume the added costs to raise a grandchild which may create some economic hardships.
• Grandparents with more moderate to comfortable incomes are at a greater risk of being isolated and not seeking help because of feelings of embarrassment (substance abuse) and unfamiliarity about navigating resource systems. These are the grandparents we want most to involve in programs because they are more likely NOT to qualify for any assistance.
• Many grandparents loose the support of family and friends.
• Grandchildren may have emotional and learning delays.
• Single grandmothers/great grandmothers have 55% increased rate of a heart attack.
• Many grandparents credit spirituality as important.
• Grandparents say that their grandchildren though exhausting, have helped them to stay young.
TARGET AUDIENCE for Raising up GrandChildren: support for caregivers
The purpose of this brochure is threefold. The highest priority is to bring relative caregivers/grandparents into any one of four products (discussion groups, workshops, information/ referral and family activities. (listed high to low order of importance).The next priority is to inform agencies what we offer so they can distribute and make referrals to grandfamilies. The final and optional intent, is let people know there are opportunities to be trained to become volunteer discussion group facilitators.
¿Qué idea tienes, qué estilo te gusta para tu brochure?
Include a testimonial
Photo of GP program
Easy for older eyes to read
I will attach these files: 4 JPG photos (any of them could be used and I have photo releases) 1351 Halwood,1684 KIDS OPTIONAL,1448-Fleur, 204- Irene; Testimonials
“During the first support group I attended, the other grandparents gave me the ideas and the confidence to stand up for myself and my grandson.”
“The program is a life line to those of us who are struggling with the blessing of our grandchildren being added to our household.”
“You gave me the energy and power to keep going.”
Folleto a diseñar
Plegado en 3 (6 lados)
Tamaño de papel
Letter (8.5" x 11")
Lo que debe evitarse
Giving the impression that this program is for grandparents who are “helping/supplementing parents parents. This is for grandparents who are doing this 24/7.
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte