~~OVERVIEW AND BACKGROUND~~
Kangu allows you to make donation in honor of someone special in your life.
For example, we're currently running a Mother's Day promotion where if you donate $10 or more towards a specific mother's safe birth, you can make that donation in honor of a special mom in your life. You enter the name and email address of a mom in your life, and Kangu will send her an HTML email card with a personalized message, and some stock text like "In your honor, and in celebration of Mother's Day, a donation has been made to support safe birth services for Lanki from Nepal, a 20 year old mother of one son, who is expecting her second child on July 11th."
See Lanki's profile here: http://www.kangu.org/project/lanki
We often customize these emailed cards around specific holidays, like Christmas, International Women's Day, Mother's Day, etc, but we also maintain general gifting in honor of special people in your life throughout the year that is not tied to specific holidays.
~~WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO DESIGN THE FOLLOWING~~
**A template for the HTML email that someone receives when a donation is made to a specific woman in their honor.**
We like the high-end design of many of the cards on Paperless Post (http://www.paperlesspost.com/cards), and hope to replicate the feel of these cards with our HTML emails.
The following design elements should be included/considered:
* Use Lanki's profile above as the source for your image and description of the mama.
* The Kangu Logo
* A brief 2-3 sentence description of Kangu.
* An area where we can optionally display the holiday or event that the donation is related to
* The name of the recipient of the email
* The name of the donor (e.g. "Dear Person's Name")
* A PERSONALIZED MESSAGE entered by the donor
* The picture, name, country, due date, and description of the specific mother who received the donation (like Lanki, above).
* An area for STOCK TEXT, like "In your honor, and in celebration of Mother's Day, a donation has been made to support safe birth services for Lanki from Nepal, a 20 year old mother of one son, who is expecting her second child on July 11th."
* A means to share the email via twitter and facebook.
* The width of the the design may be NO WIDER than 600 pixels, so that it can be viewed in most email clients
* Please do not create a design that would require us to use text over a background image, as background images do not display well in most email clients. Text should wrap around, be between, or be above, to the side, or below images in the email.
* You may use header and footer images, images within the body of the email, etc, to achieve the desired effect of a Paperless Post-type HTML card.
* Note that the PERSONALIZED MESSAGE, STOCK TEXT and the DESCRIPTION of the expectant mother may be of various lengths, so please consider that in your design.
Thank you so much. We're excited to see what you come up with!