We're looking for a cartoon humanoid gecko character. We'll call him Gecky for now :).
Gecky will show off a new product we're releasing called "Gecko Blocks" which are a foam block that stick together. See a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z81YtfUlYNw
Gecky will have a few important jobs on our packaging:
1) Be adorable (but not overtly childish)
2) Demonstrate the "stickiness" of our blocks
3) Demonstrate themes on future packaging (i.e. wear a space helmet on a space-themed pack)
We'd like to see the character in two key positions:
1) "Clinging" to an imaginary cube/surface. On our initial packaging we may magnify his foot in order to highlight the "stickiness" of a gecko's foot. Feel free to get creative finding a way to emphasize how "sticky" his foot is. We like the little pods on the toes of the gecko on the attached package mock up. Showing some "stretch" or texture in the feet may also help.
2) Facing forward, waving, and looking friendly.
Gecko's Age: The gecko should look like a teenager to young adult, but appeal to kids and their parents.
About our attachments:
Package Mock-up - This is a very rough layout of where we're going with our packaging. This will help explain the product, and give you an idea of how we hope to use the gecko. We quite like the drawing and coloration style of the gecko we used here, but he's a little too realistic... Especially if we go putting space helmets or pirate hats on him in later designs.
Gecko 1 - This is another illustration style some of us liked, though this particular critter is a bit too babyish. We're totally open to other styles, but if this aesthetic feels natural for you, explore it.