1. The front page (see wireframe0.ppt) should be more action oriented. APAPA often advertises about events, fundraisers and most importantly issues that required my sending email to my representative. The front page should immediately grab people and give them the ability to do stuff right then and there (sign-up, find elected representative positions, participate in an e-mail campaign, RSVP to an event, etc.)
2. The other sections (wireframe1.ppt) that will be more content-based. Page 4 is used to demonstrate how there will be a page dedicated for elected officials/candidates by aggregating their Twitter feeds. We do want to have the ability to do a monthly spotlight on a prominent APA community member.
3. This organization is non-partisan, so colors with just blue or just red should not be used. But if you use either of colors, use a combination that is balanced.
4. APAPA already has a logo, but any touchups/improvements would be welcomed. It looks sort of stale to me. I would more than welcome a logo redesign if it would help accentuate a more modern look.
5. Right now the existing apapa.org web site is being updated by simple HTML. We use no content management system, so keep in mind we're working with very basic tools for updating the site.
Regardless, please be creative with your suggestions! The PPT docs are only meant to help provide a general direction.