Help us create the icon for The Earth Site.
GreaterGood is launching The Earth Site in 2016 and needs an icon for The Earth Site logo.
We'd like to see something a bit more interesting or unique to set us apart from Earth Day.
Develop something with a feminine appeal to it.
Consider water, mountains, leaves, the earth... nature and life.
The Earth Site icon should appeal first and foremost to mature women in the U.S.
Gender - Female
Age range - 25-40 is the fastest-growing segment, but our current audience also skews older - 35-70
Geographic location - We must appeal to a U.S. core, but GreaterGood also has international appeal
Occupation - Our current audience is largely middle class America
Values to communicate
-->Feminine over Masculine
-->Mature over Young
-->Economical over Luxury (but aspirational so not all the way)
-->Mid-point between Modern and Classic, slightly skewed toward Modern
-->Mid-point between Playful and Serious, slighly skewed toward Playful
-->Mid-point between Loud and Quiet, slightly skewed toward Loud
-->Simple over Complex
-->Mid-point between Subtle and Obvious, skewed toward Obvious (but not cliche)
* Only positive imagery
* Vibrant, feminine colors
* Font should be very readable at small sizes
* Any symbol imagery should be very "readable" at small sizes (aka mobile phone screen)
* Clean, not busy
* Any icon must be able to stand alone
* Any icon must be easy to see and understand at a small size
* Contemporary in nature and appealing to female audience
* Iconic and not too trendy
1. Name - The Earth Site (with and without ".com")
2. (TM) symbol
3. Horizontal and vertical versions for use in different contexts
4. Full logo (we provide "The Earth Site", you provide the icon) should work in full-color, b&w, digital, and print.
5. Full logo + icon alone works for mobile phone screen