Cómo Marble Technologies comenzó su viaje en icono o botón
¿Cómo se te conoce?
¿A qué sector dirías que pertenece tu empresa?
Cuéntanos a qué tipo de público quieres llegar
Marble Technologies makes elegant restaurant self-ordering kiosk software that runs on iPads. We need an app icon reminiscent of Square or Apple's—simple, clean, minimal, & elegant.
Our company name came about as our Marble Order iOS app's home screen vaguely resembles a slab of marble. The name promotes the idea of a premium, luxury product although we are affordable for restaurants of all sizes. Marble countertops are the ideal for a kitchen. Marble kiosks are the ideal for a restaurant.
¿Qué te inspira y qué diseño imaginas para tu empresa?
Want your design used at Fatburger, Blaze Pizza, and Luna Grill? Here you go!
1. A logo that's just our company name
2. An app icon
3. That app icon next to the logo—just like the Square example below.
Here are some ideas. The logo can be based on a shooting-marble from the game, marble stone, or perhaps some combination of the two (e.g. a shooting marble made of marble). A shooting-marble from the game with a cat-eye running across it is promising. I'm thinking of a white marble with a single or double charcoal-colored cateye streak. The colors could be flipped as well. Perhaps the ends of each cateye might meet each other at a point or wrap into one another elegantly.
The app icon has to look good on an iPhone, iPad, website, busines cards and when enlarged for posters too. Using the texture of marble stone likely won't work well when used in an app icon—the little color lines that run across marble stone wouldn't be clear. However, it could work if abstracted & simplified.
Grey and white are the colors we're focusing on. Here are some colors we like:
● Charcoal: #2f373b... something a little lighter than this one would be great
* Square' logo is our favorite. We want to model it.
* We keep thinking two cateye's in the marble interacting with one another somehow. One cateye is too simple. Two is interesting.
* Grey and white for the app icon. If blue works great for what you're thinking, give it a try, but Apple's and Square's logos with grey and white are our platonic ideals.
* Thin, sharp, & elegant fonts.
* The company name should be just "Marble". No slogans. Nothing else. Just "Marble".
Some of the best logos have double meanings.