The target is to create a new Icon for the relaunch of an existing iPad App.
The application provides easy access to Google Analytics ( http://analytics.google.com ) on the iPad. Users can login with their accounts and check how much traffic their websites get, shop conversions, where visitors come from, etc.
The Icon should:
- reflect the purpose of the App, which is accessing statistics for websites very easily
- stay simple in its contents and not be too overloaded with images
- contain a good level of details
- connect to the new Application design so that users don't expect something totally different when the App opens
- represent quality
- if graphs are used, they should give the user a feeling about a good development of his statistics (i.e. graphs should go up to show success, not down)
Attached is the current version of the App icon, a variant of it and screenshots of the application.
The icon will be used in the following resolutions:
- 72x72px for the iPad 1 & 2 devices
- 144x144px for the iPad 3 devices
- 512x512px for the iTunes App Store in low resolution
- 1024x1024px for the iTunes App Store in high resolution
The Icon should have a slightly different look than the competition, for reference I have attached a "competition.png" which contains some of their icons.