We need a theme consisting of four icons/button:
1. "Shared" badge - indicating a link/article/photo/video/song that has been shared or sent to the user. Should be clear and intelligible with and without attached "Shared" text.
2. "Viewer" badge - a logo that represents an arbitrary player/viewer of the content, "someone looking at something", so likely incorporating a face or eyes (or binoculars, etc.)
No text on this Badge.
3. "Nice!" Button - essentially a 'thumbs up' or 'like' button, approving the item.
4. "Share!" Button - a button to reshare the content with friends
5. "Save!" Button - save a link to this content to read later
-Each button/icon should contain the text, and a simple iconic image that symbolizes the action (see examples). Button size is appx 60x60px
-All buttons & icons should be clear, highly-readable, and share the same 2-color theme that will be part of the application's toolbar.
-These are part of an app which is 50% modern web application (a la Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Stumbleupon) and 50% game, so it needs to be clear and functional --as well as have some personality and be somewhat playful and engaging.
-Since Facebook, Twitter, and Digg all use a similar medium/dark blue background, we'd prefer a *different* color for the theme
About the placeholders:
-We like that this placeholder theme is clear and has some personality, but it's too "old-timey" (not modern enough) and the black/white color scheme is too harsh. However, it does a good job of balancing functional vs. playful. (The hand drawn "Viewer" is a different possible direction.)