I am a German singer-songwriter and I write German songs about love and life. All 12 songs of my first album differ greatly from each other: they range from "normal" singer-songwriter music to dance up to rock.
There are also a lot of lyrical and harmonical twists and turns in the songs to surprise my audience. An interesting chord where noone expects it. A turning point in the story in nearly each song. :)
The lyrics cover well-known issues, but from interesting new perspectives.
My fans are mostly women from 20-40 years. Probably some guys, too. ;)
For you to get a better feeling for the songs, I put together a list of short descriptions of each song. Voilà:
1. Du und ich (You and me): a song about a sunday together in bed. every vers has another subject which shows the little differences between the two lovers, but which complements them. :)
2. Alle deine Freunde (All your friends): song in which the author complains that his girlfriend always takes "all her friends" with them to their evenings in their favourite italian restaurant. Later in the song it shows, that her cellphone is meant and he just wants time with her alone.
3. Lieblingslied (Favourite song): it's a breaking up song, in which she leaves him, because he could'nt completely show his love for her the way she wanted him to. He claims, he just needed more time, because she is his "favourite song of radiohead, wonderful but well hidden".
4. Allein sein (Beeing alone): the main character desribes his joys after breaking up with his girlfriend: spare time, space in bed, lot of fun. Just in the end the song reveals, that he's just living a big illusion and still misses her.
5. Hier nach Dir (Here for you): A woman wants to leave the city and go to somewhere else, another city, another country. But he asks her: "Why don't you search here for you?"
6. Sicherheit, oh yeah (Security, oh yeah): a song about playing it safely. "Just 10 years to college, then everything's great", "just 40 years to retirement, then everything's great", "just 10 years to... oh shit, i'm dead by then". a song for taking risks and for not postponing dreams. :)
7. Tausend Farben lang (Thousand colours long): the last night of a relationship. Everything is said. Just having sex one last time.
8. Traumpaar (Dream couple): Another breaking up song, but this time about a couple who seems perfect for each other. Suddenly they hit reality. "We are a Dream couple, but I just woke up."
9. Wenn ich mutig wär (If I were brave): a song about dreams on one side and fears to pursue them on the other side. And the final insight, that pursuing a dream doesn't lead to a neverending all-day-high but something much more valuable: feeling alive. :)
10. Kühl (Cold): Song about girls in the club, who spend hours dressing up to impress guys, just to turn them down and go home alone while telling their friends, they were out for dancing only.
11. Billigbier (Cheap beer): a man sits in a bar. nothing happens. but then SHE comes in. And everything lightens up.
By the time he finally takes all his courage to approach her, she's gone already and he's missed his chance.
12. Unser Spiel (Our Game): a song about love affairs and the both sides of it: so exciting in the first place, but so little that stays in the end.
If you want to listen to 3 demo versions, here's your link: https://soundcloud.com/fenner-musik…ngs-fenner