Hi Everyone :)
I'm looking to put together an illustration for my parents of a modern take of a family tree. The concept is to represent their history as a family in a 'homely, warming and modern' design that I will frame and give to them.
To represent each of my mother's and father's immediate family, as well as us kids (2 x boys, 1 x girl) through a creative design. We're open to the style, colours, design, layout , etc. The size width of the document needs to be less than 1m wide as it needs to be framed.
Whilst we are open to your own interpretations, our current ideas for the illustrations include:
- flat/modern tree with leaves and branches with mum's side on the left side, dad's on the right side, and us kids on the base of the trunk
- each person in the two families to be represented by a bird (blue = boys, pink = girls) sitting on a brach of the tree
- perhaps have the family emblem and/or names of each member in each family in the background (faded), or use the first initial of each person's name within the bird to identify each person
- perhaps have each of their surnames displayed somewhere
- mum's family: mother, father, 2 x girls, 3 x boys
- dad's family: mother, father, 3 x girls, 4 x boys
- I'll provide their names to those entries shortlisted
- Attached is also an image of their code of arms
We look forward to receiving your ideas! I'll also upload some designs I've come across to give you an idea of the style we're after.
Thanks in advance :)