We want a series of 5, hand drawn, 'flip chart' style sketches produced in a distinctive style.
The selected finalists will be asked to prepare 5 sketches that represent different stages of organisational development. However, for first round submissions we only require two sketches that represent the following:
Sketch 1 should represent the 1st Stage of Organisational Development - "Disorganised". The characteristics of this stage include:
* Crisis/short-term focus (fire-fighting mentality)
* Lack of clear direction and goals
* Uncoordinated communication
* No common purpose
* Blame and lack of ownership
* Unhappy / unmotivated work force
* Disorganised environment
Sketch 2 should represent the 3rd and final Stage of Organisational Development - "Leading Edge". The characteristics of this stage include:
* Well defined mission, vision and values
* Work flow, structure and systems support the mission and values
* All actions aligned with a common purpose
* Good communication and information sharing
* Respect for people deeply ingrained in the culture
* Highly motivated, empowered work force
* Outstanding, sustainable results
To provide an indication of what we mean by hand drawn, 'flip chart' style sketches, it may be useful to watch portions of these videos. However, before watching the videos please note that:
1. These videos are animated whiteboard / doodle videos and this is NOT what you need to submit for this contest. We want illustrators to submit sketches - not videos. We have included these videos solely give you an indication of the level of detail and the style of drawing we require.
2. Notice that the sketches are relatively simple drawings with limited details, but each sketch very clearly conveys an idea or message at first glance. This is the outcome we want. That is, we want clear and 'uncluttered' drawings that quickly communicate a key message or idea - either literally or figuratively.
3. There is certainly no need to watch these videos in full. Simply watch long enough to get an indication of the required drawing style.
4. We do not expect you to mimic the drawing style of the illustrators that provided sketches for these videos. These videos are simply examples. We want you to draw in your own distinctive style and you have the freedom to be creative.
Please remember that our target audience are leaders and managers - from team leader to senior manager level. The drawings need to be pitched at the right level for this audience. That is, a professional and sophisticated look - not 'child-like' or 'joke-like' cartoons.
Our target audience are also professional services organisations. Therefore, if you are creating a drawing intended to represent the viewer's own workplace please use a typical office environment with people wearing smart business attire (as opposed to a manufacturing or construction environment, etc).
If you have any questions please send a message and I will be happy to provide more details. I look forward to receiving your submissions and providing specific feedback on your designs.