I need to have a one page illustration designed for a Outdoor/Nature Scavenger Hunt to use on our site.
Look at the example screenshot of one of our current scavenger hunts by clicking the links below to get an idea of the design we are looking for and to help explain the next 5 points (or see attached files):
1) Design must hold 4 clues per page.
2) Design should have dotted lines to show where to cut out the clues so they can be hidden individually
3) Each clue will be 15-30 words at 26pt font so the areas for each clue need to be pretty big. The scrolls in the pirate treasure hunt and the eggs on the easter hunt are actually a bit small and some of the clues had to be shortened because not enough space was left in the design.
4) The design needs to still look good when printed so:
The Nature Scavenger Hunt illustration should be 300dpi, Letter Size 8 1/2 x 11", CMYK, Vector.
5) Design should have a line at the bottom of each clue block under which the location of the clue can be written (see links above)
6) The background of the hunt should be on a separate layer than the clue areas, locations and dotted lines so I can create a page with hunt directions easily
7) Each Clue should be labeled in the upper left corner with a Clue # (the font used here can add to the design)
8) Deliverable will be a .ai Adobe Illustrator file with text areas filled in with the following example clues:
Clue#1 You use a rake to put me in a pile.From high not the sky I fall with style.
Location: This is the first clue, hand this to your child to start the game.
Clue#2 to be determined...
Do not use stock images from istockphoto because the royalty fees are high for reuse in a product such as a scavenger hunt although they are extremely nice to use on a website one time.
Here are a few stock photos that can be used for inpiration that I liked on iStockPhoto but I wasn't excited about anything in particular except maybe the first link so please feel free to do your creative thing and wow us.
I'm happy with these designs:
I'm not so happy how our birthday hunt turned out: