Here is the outline of the "Moving Checklist"
---Before Moving Day---
* Learn about the type of move you are making and research moving companies and moving estimates.
* Hire the mover you feel is the right fit for you and make sure to request a signed copy of the contract you sign with your mover.
* Declutter and remove anything from your home that you don’t want to move with you.
* Gather packing supplies and begin packing. Don’t forget to label all your boxes properly.
* Take care of miscellaneous issues such as setting up mail forwarding, arranging transport for your pets, and letting your bank/credit cards/magazine subscriptions know that you have a new address.
* Go through your house one last time to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
* If you are a renter, give your keys to the landlord before you leave.
* Make sure to sign the bill of lading before the movers head out to your new home. Keep a copy of the bill of lading for your personal records.
* After your movers drop off your stuff, inspect everything before they leave and take pictures of anything that might have been damaged during transit.
* Set up the essentials first in your new home – such as your bed.
---After Moving Day---
* Unpack the rest of your things.
* Recycle any moving materials that you can (like boxes).
* Finish any projects necessary to complete your home (like putting together new furniture).
* Learn the rules of your community – like when trash is collected and when the public parks are open.
* Get better acquainted with your neighborhood – go out and explore!