See attached for full details.
Title: Can We Get Rid of the DMV?
Americans HATE going to the DMV
- 45% of Americans would rather visit the dentist than the DMV1
They think it's a WASTE OF TIME
- 50% of all in-person visits to the DMV take more than 30 minutes
- 1/3 Americans are dissatisfied with their DMV wait time
And DMV employees don't always treat them well
- 1/3 people say a DMV employee has been RUDE to them
But people are open to NEW WAYS of improving the situation …
- 70% of Americans want increased investment for new online DMV services
- 65% of Americans would consider having private 3rd-parties provide DMV services
- Searches for ONLINE DMV services have increased by 302% over the past 4 years
Subtitle: What’s the Solution?
Make DMV Services Online and/or Privatized:
1) Save Money
- State DMV's cost an estimated $7.1 billion per year
- Online government transactions cost 55% less on average
- 3rd party employees are up to 39% more efficient in processing orders and reduce variable costs by 70% per order
2) Save Time
- America spends 137 million hours waiting in line at the DMV every year
- California spends 16 million hours in line
- Wait time for online transactions -> 0% - You NEVER WAIT in line online!
- Wait time for 3rd party transactions -> 50% LESS than government offices
3) Reduce Discrimination
- 15% of Americans felt discriminated against by a DMV employee
- Websites cannot discriminate and private companies have more of an incentive not to do so