The story we want to tell, and that needs to be illustrated in a simple, graphic and expressive way, would cover the following points:
1. Bees are in danger because of humans’ harmful activities that destroys natural habitat and their common sense of living → this is a real issue for our planet as bees help produce 1/3 of what we eat.
2. Parallel to this, marginalized people are also suffering from the society’s rejection and complexities linked to reinsertion.
3. Espero proposes a model, which allows for marginalized people to become “guardians” of our ecosystem, actors of our societies changes towards more inclusive and environmentally respectful practices. This through teaching them the work of apiculture, which gives them the technical skills to perform such activity autonomously afterwards; but which also contributes in giving them back confidence in what they undertake. For it, we believe it is important to have mix population and regular interaction between them → allows for social integration → important step to gain confidence. → Grow their opportunities to be reinserted into society.
4. Last, through these trainings, they not only learned how to take care of bees, they also produced high quality honey and associated derivative products. The sells of these products will be reinvested into the project, permitting to extend the quantity of people trained, having more people aware of the environmental and social challenges of our societies and acting towards finding sustainable solutions together and locally; starting by bees protection.
5. The story behind the honey we are selling is the one which speaks to all people which cares about the future of our planet and of our societies. We believe that by working together, with a mixed group of people, on topics linked to biodiversity; will be a first step towards building circular economies, and mobilize civil society to bring about real changes locally. The story behind the honey we sell is simply about constructing a better environment in which to live in, for ALL of us.
Datos a incluir en la infografía
Key words for each part:
1. Bees ; plants ; pollination; human activity endangering bees ( notably, pesticides, pollution..)
2. Marginalized people from society and their difficulty to interact and picture future.
3. Espero’s model : Apiculture trainings for marginalized people ; interaction between people from different background and ages ; learning by doing; gain confidence ; learn French ; reinserted socially;
4. Producted Honey as synonym of what they’ve achieved through the training (not only the product itself, but much more socially, physically and professionally). Marginalized people as actors for positive change.
5. You are yourself by buying this honey an actor for environmental and social transition of our societies.
Elementos para incluir en la infografía
Ideas of design and hints:
- Use of comics book style, would help to transmit in a simple and straightforward way our story.
- Content: Just few text is required- drawings should express the idea from the paragraph
- Have to keep in mind that it should be a simple, short but attractive drawing /Infrographic that people can read in 2 minutes but get the story behind the honey we produce.
- http://incidentalcomics.storenvy.co…ing-poster : This link is interesting for the comics representation. I like the simple setting of the comics and the little writing on the top --> maybe we can imagine titles instead of text.
- http://www.casualoptimist.com/blog/…y-devices/ :
I like the style of this comic, the fact that they only use two colors panels.
Nonetheless please note that in these two examples, there is not enough link between the boxes. This could be improve by having drawings that are half in the first box and other half in the 2nd box.
- We belive it would be nice to see a continuity between the different comic boxes, therefore they can overlap and do not necessarily need to be squares/rectangles.
- https://www.behance.net/gallery/101…Foundation : This serves more as reference for the colors used ( yellow, orange and brown - could constitute the colors of the comics) - We can also discuss the fact that orange could be replaced by green ( in order to represent nature).
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte